Operating During Public Safety Power Shut-off (PSPS)
2 CA Drinking Water Contact Hours awarded.
This course Operating During Public Safety Power Shut-off (PSPS) is offered two times on the same day, attendees ONLY need to register once to take this course.
In an ever-changing world, water systems and communities continue to face new and unique challenges. In this presentation you will learn about California’s policies on planned rolling blackouts, and related impacts to systems. You will also learn how to plan for and manage these events and how to locate information, funding, and additional resources for preventative maintenance and improvements.
Participants will learn:
- PSPS, who it affects, and what it means for water systems
- How to identify and implement alternatives to traditional power generation
- How to locate and utilize resources for funding improvements
- How to apply best practices for updating emergency information and procedures
- How to identify resources for continued updates and notifications
The recommended audience includes board members and managers.
Certificates for contact hours are available through your profile.
Contact Hours have been approved for the Registered Environmental Health Specialist program.
For questions on registration contact email@example.com or Training Dept. at 916-447-9832 x 1429.
©2021. This document was prepared using funds under Agreement 18-019-550 with the California State Water Resources Control Board; the total Agreement is for $3,971,380 and will produce multiple documents and training events over the span of the multi-year contract.